How To Tape Floor Hockey Sticks
Need to know how to tape floor hockey sticks. Taping hockey sticks are basically the same method with all hockey sticks. Tape is wound around the top of the stick to give you a superior grip. Tape is wound around the blade of your hockey stick to give you a better grip when handling the puck. Hockey tape is recommended. Most floor hockey leagues insist you tape your hockey stick blade to protect their wood floors from getting scratched up.
Things You Will Need
- Your hockey stick
- Hockey tape
- Scissors or knife to cut tape
- To tape a floor hockey stick, start at the very top of your hockey stick. Wrap the tape around the top of your hockey stick five or six times. This area is called the knob of the stick and is where you will get your grip. You can tape it more if you need to for your particular needs. All players tape the knob of their stick differently. Five or six wraps around the stick should be the very minimum.
- Pull the hockey tape away from the stick while the tape is still attached to the knob of the hockey stick. Wrap the hockey tape diagonally around the shaft of the hockey stick for an even better grip when you play floor hockey.
- Cut the tape and wrap it around the knob of your hockey stick. Wrap the excess tape over the knob and down your hockey stick to secure the hockey tape to the hockey stick. Smooth the tape to secure it to your hockey stick. You want your tape secured for a better grip and so it will last longer on your hockey stick.
- The plastic floor hockey stick blades should be taped with masking tape or hockey tape to prevent them from scratching the floors. Start at the back of the stick and wrap the tape around the floor hockey stick blade. Continue to wrap the blade with hockey tape until you are within an inch of the end of the floor hockey stick blade.
- Re-tape your floor hockey stick when needed. This means when you lose your grip or when the tape begins to tear away from your floor hockey stick. This means the most important thing is for you to have hockey tape in your hockey gear at all times. You never know when you will have to touch up the taping on your floor hockey stick.
- Always carry hockey tape in your hockey gear
- Tape the blade of your hockey stick to protect the wooden floor
- Waxing the tape with wax will make the tape last longer-optional but recommended
- Using tape on your stick will make your hockey stick last longer