How To Tape Up A Heavy Bag For MMA
How to tape up a heavy bag for MMA is a how-to lesson in tape. Taping a heavy bag for mixed martial arts requires, well, tape. Where to place the tape is important in taping a heavy bag for mixed martial arts. It will take plenty of tape to tape up a heavy bag for mixed martial arts, also. The tape you use to tape a heavy bag fro mixed martial arts is important as well. The bottom line is that taping up a heavy bag for mixed martial arts should not be taken lightly. This article will outline the routines in taping a heavy bag for mixed martial arts.
Things you will need to do this:
- Heavy bag
- Sports tape (four or six large rolls)
- Duct tape (two or three rolls)
How to tape a heavy bag for mixed martial arts:
- Taping up a heavy back for mixed martial arts takes patience and proper placement of the tape. Take the sports tape and begin at the bottom of the heavy bag. Move the tape from the bottom center up over the top and back down again.
- Make this rotation four to six times. Move over one-half the width of the sporting tape after each rotation. Cut the tape and use your hands to ensure contact with the heavy bag.
- Use the duct tape; place the first piece about one-third the way up from the bottom. Go around the bag and work downward. Once at the bottom, cut the duct tape. Next, place the end of the duct tape at the center of the bottom of the heavy bag.
- Work the duct tape up the start point about one-third the way up the heavy bag. Repeat the process one strip at a time until the entire bottom is covered. Use your hands to work the tape to the surface.
- Use the sports tape to cover the top portion of the duct tape. Run your hands all over the bag wherever there is tape and matte it down. Add extra tape where needed, to finish the job.