Knowing how to teach swimming lessons for adults is completely different from teaching small children. Because of their mature age, they aren't going to be interested in playing games to practice, and you aren't going to be able to jump up and down and cheer them when they're able to stick their head in the water. That would be incredibly insulting.
- Schedule a convenient time for lessons. Even during the summer, most adults are working. Attempt to teach swimming lessons for adults in the early morning or later afternoon/evening.
- Find out what adult swimming lesson participants are comfortable with. Because adults can communicate with you about what they already know and what they want to learn, take the time to talk to them about what they are looking to get out of the swimming lessons. If they just want to be comfortable being in the water, you can make sure that all of the lessons are pointed in this direction.
- Let the adults know what you are going to be doing at the beginning of each swimming lessons. Again, because they aren't children, they can handle knowing what is going to be covered and what the agenda for the swimming lesson looks like. It gives them a chance to prepare for each day's lesson.
- Encourage participants while you teach adult swimming lessons. Just because they aren't children doesn't mean that they don't need someone cheering them on as they work towards a goal. Be sure to point out the things that they are doing well, and be honest with them about the things that need to be improved upon.
- Teach swimming lessons that last between a half an hour to one hour. If you have less time than that, you don't have time to get into any details. If you go longer, you can lose the person's interest and they will not want to continue.
- Be patient. Sometimes teaching swimming lessons for adults can be tough. They may have a fear of the water that's difficult to overcome or preconceived ideas about the water. For some, you may be trying to break their habits of the past to create a better or more efficient swim stroke.
When you know how to teach swimming lessons for adults, you can gain more clients and expand your swimming lesson business.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …