Would you like to learn how to teach swimming lessons for children? Teaching kids to swim is an important part in making sure that they are able to take care of themselves, as well as being a fun activity for not only the child, but that of the parents and rest of the family. The most important thing is to make sure that there is an adult present with the children at all times and that they are never left alone in the pool by themselves.
In order to begin teaching children to swim, you will need some items:
- swimming pool
- kick boards/swim floats
- First, get in the pool. Depending on how many children, have an adult hold each child under the armpits and walk them around in the pool. Help them understand that this environment is fun and interesting, especially if this is the first time the child has been in the water.
- Do a Demonstration. Hold a demonstration and answer any question that the child has in regards to what you are doing. For instance, if you are teaching a child to kick, demonstrate by holding on to the side of the pool, float, and begin kicking to show them the action. Make sure that you are explaining the action so the child understands the concept.
- Have the child copy you. Have the child/children copy what you have just demonstrated. With the kicking demonstration, have the child hold on to the side of the pool and help them to float, by holding them up underwater. Hold your hands under their stomachs and chests in order to support them, then have them begin to kick.
- Don't try to do a ton of different things in one day. While a child may become excited, too much information can be overwhelming.
- Learn a different thing each day. Try to change the activity for each day, but make sure to go over the previous day's lesson.
- Make sure that the day was fun. As with number one, it is important that the child is enjoying themselves while in the water. Many children will become frustrated if unable to complete a task, so make sure that you have a good time when teaching them. Use pool toys or the body boards to re-enforce the lesson, but allow the child to enjoy themselves in the pool.
Knowing how to teach swimming lessons for children can be a fun experience for everyone involved. Again, it is very important that you do not leave children unattended in the pool by themselves and that an adult is always around when the child is in the pool.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.