How To Tell If A Cat Is Pregnant
If you want to have kittens without having to pay at an expensive pet store, you're going to have to learn how to tell if a cat is pregnant. Knowing how to tell if a cat is pregnant will help you celebrate the miracle of birth with your furry friend and bring a whole new litter of kittens into your home. It's time to start checking out the signs to know how to tell if a cat is pregnant.
- Check to see if her nipples have gotten larger. If your cat is pregnant, her body will start producing milk and thus her nipples will grow in size. Around the third week, check for this increase in size and also see if they've turned a bright pink. If it hasn't happened and you're sure your cat is knocked up, wait another week and check again.
- Check her stomach for unusual lumps. Rub your hand along her stomach and see if you can feel any lumps on her stomach. These lumps should be approximately the size of walnuts; don't put too much pressure on them, as they're the kittens' heads.
- See if her personality changes. If your cat is pregnant, you'll notice a shift in her personality towards becoming more affectionate. You'll also notice that she'll stop using her claws around you. Encourage her by matching her affection by petting her and stroking her. Noticing this change in her disposition is one of the more subtle ways to learn how to tell if a cat is pregnant.
- Check her body shape. If you want to know how to tell if a cat is pregnant, you're going to have to discern the changes in her body shape from just being fat. A cat who is chubby has added weight and girth around the entirety of its body, while a pregnant cat will have the added distention around the middle.
- Look around your living space for signs of nesting. This will occur around the latter stages of your cat's pregnancy; your cat will start collecting pillows, blankets, or towels and putting them in a nest-like arrangement to make a comfortable place for the kittens to come into the world.
Learning how to tell if a cat is pregnant is a skill that most pet owners should know. If you think your cat is expecting kittens, you should know how to tell the signals to make sure that you don't come home to an unexpected surprise. Make sure that you can provide the best possible care for your pets by learning how to tell if a cat is pregnant.