How To Tell If A Female Coworker Likes You
So, you want to know how to tell if a female coworker likes you. Unless you can read minds or she's blatantly hurling herself into your atmosphere there is no 100% effective method in deciphering the young lady's feelings in the early stages. The next best thing is to simply open your eyes and pay attention. I mean really pay attention. Too often guys make the mistake of reading women the wrong way. We'll take a simple "hello" or a friendly smile and try to generate a relationship... When all she meant was "hello". A friendly gesture doesn't mean your coworker likes you. No, no, no. Open your eyes and understand your surroundings...
- Pay attention. You guys are in a work setting. It's not the same as flirting with someone at a bar. A woman with class, that values her job, isn't going to put herself in a socially hazardous position that could potentially compromise her employment by openly flirting with you at the office. She simply can't be as open and forthcoming as she would be at a club or even a supermarket. If you want to know how to tell if a female coworker likes you, you need to learn to understand certain subtleties in her actions when they pertain to you. Is she around you a lot when she doesn't have to be? Does she strike up non professional conversations with you when she runs into you in the office? These are signs your coworker likes you.
- Body language. The next step is learning how to read her body language. Women are the masters of conveying messages without uttering a word. It's up to you to pick up on the signs. While the Cutie from Finance is talking to you about First Quarter audits, she may be telling you something entirely different. There could be a good chance that you're female coworker likes you.
- Eye contact. So... What to look for. Eye contact is always a huge nonverbal indicator of an attraction. It's something I like to call the lingering look. It's not a stare but you guys connect for just a half a second too long. You'll be able to tell she's thinking about something other than reports.
- Body contact. Another sign is excessive bodily contact in situations that didn't call for it like hands touching for a second to long. Popping up at your desk for no real reason at all (when you know her desk is on the opposite side of the office)denotes interest. An overall relaxed demeanor not indicative of the work environment is another indicator. Combinations and variations of these signs present a rather strong argument that your female coworker likes you.
- Gossip If all else fails, and you're still not sure if your coworker likes you, never underestimate the size of the mouths of her friends in the office. Do her buddies bring her name up when you're around? Do they always feel the need to tell you about something going on in her life? Are they constantly trying to find out little personal details about your life? "Where are you going this weekend?" "What are you up to?" These are very strong indications that your female coworker likes you. Her friends wouldn't share info about her or take such an interest in you if this young lady hadn't expressed her interest in you to her little clique.