How To Tell If A Guy Is Gay
These days, it can be hard to know how to tell if a guy is gay. That's because the line has been blurred in terms of fashion trends. If you are curious as to a guy friend, or are interested in dating a guy, there are a few ways to tell. Keep in mind that there is no way to know for sure unless you ask him. Even if you do ask him, he may not tell you due to the discrimination that gay men experience.
- Pay attention to what he looks at when you are out with him. Even the best guy will glance at the cleavage on a nearby girl. Watch his eyes and see if he is more likely to check out a waiter instead of a waitress. You can tell if a guy is gay if he is scoping out other guys.
- He uses gender-neutral words when discussing prior relationships. Most men will talk about ex-girlfriends specifically. If he's a guy that doesn't do that, he might be gay or at least bisexual.
- He doesn't like to talk about sexual things. If he doesn't seem shy but is noticeably squirmy when talk of sex comes up, that is one way to tell if a guy is gay. All by itself it may not be. But, if it happens in conjunction with other signs, it might be the case.
- He frequents gay bars. This is a pretty obvious one. Even if he says that he has friends that he goes with just for fun, it is one way to tell if a guy is gay.
- He tells you. If you are curious, just ask him.
Contrary to stereotypes, gay men can look and act just as masculine as straight men.