How To Tell If Your Spouse Is Cheating
If you have a gut feeling that your spouse may not be being honest with you, it may help to learn about how to tell if your spouse is cheating. There are a few signs to look for to tell if your spouse is cheating, and it is always a good idea to be proactive and at least have knowledge of what you can do to be certain. Here are a few signs to tell if your spouse is cheating.
- Privacy issues. Does your spouse go to another room to take phone calls, erase their texts or hide their online history? These are a few of the things a spouse may do when cheating. Watch for signs of privacy issues such as whispered calls or new passwords to their computer where you may have had access in the past.
- Behavioral changes. If your spouse is not being where they are supposed to be or is acting differently, they may have a secret and that secret could very well be that they are cheating. One behavior to look out for is a sudden change in their mood. Are they acting extra strange or even extra happy?
- A new friend. Sometimes a cheating spouse will have a new friend of the opposite sex. This may be a work partner or someone they met through other means but if they are suddenly spending time away from their own family to be with this person, it can be a sign that your spouse is cheating. Look for excuses to stay late with this person or odd work habits like suddenly having to work late when they never had to in the past.
- Odd receipts or bank statements. Sometimes you may see odd receipts or bank charges that are not the norm. These can be anything from restaurant bills to motel bills. Less conspicuous receipts can be as simple as a higher cell phone bill or a new set of lingerie.
- Needing time alone. This is not the same as privacy issues. This is where your spouse specifically tells you that they need time to themselves, away from their family. This can mean a number of things but in the issue of cheating, it can mean that they are struggling with their feelings or just want to be with the other person.
Not every gut feeling means your spouse is cheating and these tips aren't set in stone. Different changes to every day life can bring to light certain changes that do not mean that someone is cheating on you. The point is, find out about these changes in behavior and if your gut tells you it's cheating, make a point to do your research and a little bit of spying. You may be totally wrong but it never hurts to learn about how to tell if your spouse is cheating and at the very least, you may gain some insight into human behavior.