As today's society is filled with so many worries, don't let how to test for chlamydia become one of them. There are many local resources for chlamydia testing. Testing for chlamydia and other STDs should be done periodically, for those who are sexually active.
To test for chlamydia, you will need:
- Notice Symptoms. There are certain symptoms that definitely call for chlamydia testing. Symptoms can occur in both men and women. Common symptoms for women are abdominal pain and abnormal vaginal discharge. Symptoms for men include painful urination and discharge from the penis. These symptoms make it especially critical to be tested for chlamydia.
- See a local physician. Tests for chlamydia can be administered by your primary physician or gynecologist. Also, your local department of health should have a clinic where you can be tested for little or no money. Look around your local area for different resources.
- Provide a sample. When being tested for chlamydia, you will need to provide a sample. Some labs will accept urine samples for molecular testing, however this is not most common. The doctor will most likely use a swab and take a cell sample. These samples will be taken from the cervix, penis, urethra, anus, or throat. These test are not usually considered to be painful, so don't worry.
- Wait for your results. Test results are typically available between five and seven days. If you test positive the physician will then prescribe medication to treat the chlamydia. When taking medication it is highly important to finish it all as directed. Chlamydia can stay in the body if medication is not taken properly. Chlamydia that is left untreated can lead to reproductive problems.
- Get tested annually. For those who are sexually active, it is a smart idea to get tested at least once per year. Chlamydia does not always show symptoms. Symptoms do not occur in 75 percent of women and 50 percent of men. To prevent serious health problems it is wise to get tested for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases periodically.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …