- 5 Tricks And Tips For Boost Mobile BlackBerry
- How To Delete All SMS Messages In My BlackBerry Curve
- How To Unlock Blackberry Curve 8320
- How To Store Music On A Blackberry Curve 8900
- How To Remove Cell Phone Faceplate On A BlackBerry Curve 8310
- How To Hard Reset Blackberry Curve
- How To Unlock A Blackberry 8700
How To Tether Blackberry To Laptop
If you know how to tether a Blackberry to your laptop, you'll be able to surf the internet on your laptop anywhere you have cell service. Tethering your Blackberry to your laptop can save you a lot of money if you have free tethering ability, but it's always advisable to check with your cell phone provider to make sure that they don't charge you extra for the privilege of using your cell phone as a modem for your laptop.
To tether a Blackberry to your laptop, you will need:
- A Blackberry with cell phone service
- A laptop
- The Blackberry Desktop Manager loaded onto your laptop
- Launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your laptop. If you don't have this program which probably came on a CD when you got your Blackberry, search the Internet for the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager program. Install and launch the program.
- On the front screen of the Desktop Manager, you'll see an icon on the left for "IP Modem." Click this area and you'll be taken to another screen.
- You should see a button for "Connection Settings" which you'll need to click. This will take you to an area where there is a "Configure" button.
- Check "Configure" and use the drop down menu to select your cell phone provider, such as Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. Depending on the provider, you may need to add your log in information such as user name and password to continue.
- There's a button at the bottom of the screen which says "Keep an IP modem connection open after the Blackberry Desktop Manager is closed." It's a good idea to check this button as then you're laptop will be tethered to the internet through your Blackberry even after you close the program.
- Check "OK' at the bottom of the screen. You should now have full internet access on your laptop as you're tether to your Blackberry.
Posted on: Jan. 09, 2011