How To Tether Blackberry
When your computer needs an Internet connection and you don't have access to your normal Internet provider, all you have to do is learn how to tether a BlackBerry. Tethering is a process where you connect to the Internet on one device, and then you connect that device to your computer, allowing your computer full access to the Internet. Tethering a BlackBerry was once a complicated procedure, but it had the benefit of being free as long as you had unlimited data. Nowadays, you need a specific data plan from your wireless carrier in order to tether at all, but at least the process has been made much simpler, as all you will need is the standard BlackBerry Desktop Software and a cable.
- Download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Software from the BlackBerry website. Even if you have an older version already on your computer, you'll need version 6.0 or later to tether a BlackBerry without any issues.
- Run the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your computer using the connection cable that came with your device.
- Select the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen and choose "Mobile Internet Settings."
- Choose your wireless provider from the drop-down box in the middle of the screen and click "OK." Often, the software will be able to determine your provider on its own, and all you have to do is click "OK" to continue.
- Click "Connect" in the lower-left corner of the software screen. Your BlackBerry will access the Internet, and your computer will now have access as well.