- How To Remove The Screen Of A Blackberry Curve
- How To Remove Password Protection On Blackberry 8700
- How To Upload Themes To BlackBerry Pearl Flip
- How To Change Home Screen On Blackberry Storm
- How To Remove A Password From A Blackberry 8800
- How To Get Keys Unlocked On The BlackBerry Pearl
- How To Get Backgrounds For The Blackberry Storm
How To Text On A BlackBerry Storm
Need to know how to text on a BlackBerry Storm? Texting on a BlackBerry Storm is designed to be simple, direct and easy. The BlackBerry Storm was created not only for simple access to mobile email, internet, applications, games and cellphone service. It was also created to provide a direct way to send instant messages by using the text feature. The text feature allows you to quickly send messages to any of your known or unknown contacts. It is a popular way to relay information to someone with a text messaging enabled phone without having to call them directly using the voice feature.
- Get SMS text messaging enabled. Depending on your wireless service provider and plan, you could have phone service through your BlackBerry Storm but not SMS text messaging. Contact your service provider and ensure that the wireless plan you are enrolled in allows text messaging. Also make sure that your device is enabled for and has SMS text messaging active. It is also wise to be well aware of the costs associated with each text message sent.
- Access the SMS text messaging screen. Using the menu on the BlackBerry Storm, click the "Messages" button from the home screen. Once there, press the "Menu" key and select "Compose SMS Text". This is the interface used to create new text messages on the BlackBerry Storm.
- Fill out the screen used for composing text. In the "To:" field, you may type in a contact name, enter a contact name from a menu or enter a phone number where you would like your text to be delivered to. On some networks, you may even enter an email address of the recipient for delivery. Contact your wireless service provider to inquire if this option is available. Click "OK" once you have the correct contact information entered. Enter the text that you intend to send and select the "Enter" key when done.
Posted on: Jun. 10, 2010