How To Text A Cell Phone From A Computer
Learning ow to text a cell phone from a computer has its advantages—a cheaper phone bill, typing sentences correctly, not sending a message to the wrong person, and useful for people without cell phones. It is convenient when you are at a computer and want to say a simple hello without picking up your phone. Use this form of communicating texting through the Internet. To text a cell phone from a computer, you will need:
- A computer with Internet access
- Recipient’s mobile number
- Search for texting websites. Txt2day allow anyone to send free text messages. To use Txt2day to text a cell phone from a computer, all you need is a phone number, the receiver’s phone service provider, and a simple text message 140 characters long. You have the option to type in the email address so the person knows whose texting them; if not your IP address will appear in their text message. Press send and the message will deliver immediately.
- Use Yahoo! email. Yahoo! email service has a special feature where members can send a text message straight from their computer to a cell phone. Click on the "New" arrow button then select "Mobile Text". A small box appears on the screen so type in the cell number and write a quick text message. The words must be 149 characters long. After texting, hit the "Send" button and the text and your email address will be shown afterwards.
- Use Skype. Skype's messaging service permits anyone to use their service freely from their computer. Not only can you make calls, but text message too. Download Skype's free program and sign in before texting. Be aware that Skype charge a small fee to use their texting service and you will need to buy $10-25 worth of credits. After purchasing your credits, click on the green phone icon on the screen for a box to open. Once opened, type in the phone number, write your text message keeping the maximum at 160 characters and press the SMS button on the dialing pad so the text goes safely through.