Anyone can learn to throw and American football. It takes a little bit of time and practice, but you can be out on the field playing in no time. Before starting, you are going to need an American football to practice throwing.
- An American Football
- Hold onto the ball the right way. When you throw an American football, you only use one hand. Place the ball in your hands. Your fingertips should be on or near the laces, your hand around the thickest part of the American football and your thumb should be around on the other side.
- Bend your elbow and place the hand holding the American football back by your right shoulder. Your hand should be under the ball with one of the pointed ends facing out.
- Take one step with your left foot. As you do, pivot your body so that your right hand and leg are behind the left. Place your left arm out in front of you. It is almost like your fingers are pointing to the place you want to ball to go. You are now standing in the correct position to thrown an American football.
- To throw the American football, extend your elbow and push the ball forward. When you release the ball, use your fingertips to push against the laces to create a spiral spin. As you practice throwing the American football you will gain distance as well as accuracy. To make this practice easier, you may have someone stand across from you. Use them to aim and have them toss it back to you for another try.
- After the throw, your right arm should be extended in front of you and be pointing in the same direction as the ball traveled.
- If you are left handed, you will throw the American football the same way, but all directions will be for the opposite side of the body. For example, you will put the ball in your left hand instead of your right.
The more you practice, the easier it will be to throw an American football.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.