Knowing how to throw a Chicago bachelor party is very important when you live in the Chicago area. You might also be throwing a bachelor party if you live out of town and are using the city as your part central.
- Make the guest list. If some of the guests aren’t from the Chicago area, give them plenty of notice to make travel arrangements. O’Hare International Airport is fifteen to twenty minutes from downtown, where most of the bachelor party is likely to take place, so make sure out of town guests have a ride or know how to take ground transportation, such as a transit line or bus, into the downtown area.
- Pick the day. The night before the wedding or even the weekend of is not an appropriate time for a raunchy, party-filled Chicago bachelor party. The party should be at the least the weekend before the weeding. Chicago is a city that’s known for its nightlife, and a Chicago bachelor part is likely to involve a late night and plenty of alcohol. So plan accordingly.
- Pick a restaurant. Chicago is known for casual dining options, including pizza, such as Bacino’s Pizza on Wacker, and hot dogs, such as DownTown Dogs, that are named after the city itself. However, there are also a lot of other dining options. Some popular restaurants include the House of Blues, Lou Mitchell’s, Famous Dave’s Ribs N’ Blues and One Sixtyblue. For a swankier meal, you can choose somewhere like the dining room at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. If you go this route, you should call for a reservation at 312-573-5223.
- Plan the entertainment. You can start off the night with music and beers at a Chicago night club, such as Buddy Guy’s Legends Nightclub or the Hideout. You can also listen to live music at places like the Elbo Room or Reggie’s Music Joint or enjoy some adult entertainment at a gentlemen’s club, such as VIPs or Admiral Theatre. Plan your entertainment around what you think the bachelor will prefer. It is his party after all.
- Arrange for a designated driver. Chicago is filled with transportation options so that no one on your bachelor part list needs to be left out of the fun. The Chicago Transit Authority, or CTA, operates 24 hours a day, so you won’t have to worry about getting back after late night. You can also call one of the taxi services in the Chicago area, including Yellow at 312-829-4222 or Checker Taxis at 312-243-2537.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.