Learning how to throw a house party is an important part of entertaining guests. Throwing a house party is fun and pretty simple. Follow these few simple tips to throw the perfect house party and impress your friends.
- Food and drinks. Make sure you have plenty of food and drinks when throwing a house party. There is no worse party foul than to run out of food or drinks when throwing a party. You can even spend a little extra money and have your party professionally catered. This will save you time and allow you to put more effort into other aspects of your party. You can put can drinks in large tubs of ice around the house and outside on a deck or porch. This gives your guests easy access and you aren't stuck pouring drinks the entire time.
- A clean house. Make sure you clean your house thoroughly before you throw a party. If you've got the extra money, you might even want to hire a cleaning service to come in and do the dirty work for you. Your friends will be impressed that you made the effort to clean your house, even if you don't do it yourself. Plus, a clean house before your party means less clean up after the party.
- The perfect setup. If you are having your party outside, make sure you prepare accordingly. If it's during the summer and you have mosquitos, get some citronella candles to put around. Not only will it look festive, but it will keep your guests from getting bitten. Also, it's a good idea to have plenty of cover set up, such as umbrellas or tents, so that your guests do not get sunburnt.
- Decorate. You don't have to go overboard with the decorations, but a few never hurt. Decorating for the occasion will make your house look more festive. If you have a theme, there are stores where you can find decorations for just about any type of party you are throwing. You don't have to spend a lot of time or money on decorations to get your house ready for a party.
- Put away the breakables. Because no one else really values your valuables like you do, be sure to put away anything breakable. Especially is you are having a number of guests, you want to be sure there is nothing you value that could be easily bumped into. Mingling guests in tight spaces are a surefire way for something to get broken.
The most important part for you as the host of your house party is to be sure you have fun. All the planning can be exhausting if you let it, so be sure that once the party starts, you try to let loose and have fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …