How To Throw A Summer Party
If you are wondering how to throw a summer party, do not fret anymore. Since summer is the perfect time to throw a party, enjoy the following tips and follow the ones that sound doable to you. Then tell your guests to get ready to have some fun.
- Decide on what type of party you want to throw. Do you want to throw summer party in the evening by the pool, or would you rather have a barbecue party or a beach party?
- Decide on the location. Once you know the type of summer party you want to throw, finding the location will be a lot easier.
- Send out some invitations. You could do this the hard way and purchase some fancy invitations via a store. Then you will have to fill these out and mail them. However, why go to all this bother when you can easily send some nifty email invitations? Simply head to your email account and start inviting people or find a nice site that will allow you to send some cool email invitations into your friends email accounts. Consider online party invitation sites and remember this is the green choice for inviting people to your summer party.
- Prepare your menu. The main ingredient of any party is the food. When you are considering your menu, be honest about your cooking skills. If you really have none, consider takeout or deli food. Once you have your menu planned or your takeout menu decided, go shopping or call the restaurant ahead of time to schedule the meal.
- Consider whether you want to include alcohol. If you do, you might also want to give your budget a bit of a consideration.
- Consider your decorations. Your decorations should center on the theme or type of summer party you are throwing. For instance, if you are throwing a Hawaiian-type party you will want Hawaiian-type decorations such as pictures of girls in grass skirts, Hawaiian-type floral arrangements and tiki candles. However if you are throwing a pool party you really don’t need any real decorations. However, you will need towels, extra sun tan lotion, bug candles if it is going to be held at night, plenty of outside lighting and lawn chairs.
- Should you have music? Most parties will have some sort of music. Consider what type of music will be the best for your party. Should you hire a DJ or will some great CD’s and a player work out perfectly?
- Don’t forget the plates and silverware. When planning your summer party, do not forget the little things: plates, silverware, napkins, etc. Those things will matter.
- Provide transportation for those who drink. If you are serving alcohol, consider getting some guests not to drink and consider taking keys from those who do. You need to be a responsible host and protect your guests.
- Encourage your guests to have fun. It is summertime and fun should be had by everyone, as long as it is safe.
Posted on: May. 26, 2010