How To Tie An Ascot Scarf
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about how to tie an ascot scarf. An ascot scarf is a piece of neckwear that is typically considered to be a combination between a tie and scarf. This piece of neckwear is tied similarly to a tie, but it is short and relatively thick. It was traditionally worn by foreign royalty.
- Put the ascot around your neck. Make sure that it is securely under the collar of you shirt. Ideally, the right end of the ascot scarf should end approximately six inches below the other end of the scarf.
- Cross the right end of the scarf over the left end, and back to its original starting position. Try to prevent any unnecessary twisting or turning of the material of the scarf during this step.
- Cross the right end of the ascot scarf back across the left end one more time. As instructed in the steps above, try to keep the scarf from twisting or folding. Carefully bring the right end of the scarf up and through the loop that was created at the neck.
- Gently bring the right end of the ascot scarf down and over the front of the left end. Adjust the scarf at the throat so that the knot is hidden. Use pins to secure any excess material in place if necessary.
- Practice tying the ascot scarf. This is the only way that you will become skilled at tying this piece of neckwear. Once you become proficient, trying the scarf will be a piece of cake.