Do you want to learn how to tie a double overhand stopper knot? Stopper knots are used for extra security either by themselves or with other knots when there is a chance the other knot might slip or come untied when it is under strain. A stopper knot that is easy to tie, yet durable, is the double overhand stopper knot.
- Take the working end or the remaining tail of the rope that is left from the knot that the stopper knot will be added to.
- Make a loop by wrapping the end of the rope around itself.
- Wrap the end around a second time in the same direction.
- Bring the end around to the front to complete the second wrap.
- Tuck the end through both loops and pull through on the opposite end. Make sure you are tucking the end through on the same side that you completed the second wrap.
- Pull to tighten.
Here is an alternative way of tying a double overhand stopper knot.
- Make a loop in the rope and bring the end through as if tying your shoes.
- Wrap the end around again and pull tight.
Warning: The first version described here is the preferred way and forms a neat and secure knot. The second version requires that both ends of the rope be twisted while tightening to make sure the knot is formed neatly.
Tip:Don't hesitate to add stopper knots when you feel a knot or rope might slip or come untied. All stopper knots are for extra security and safety.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.