Need to know how to tie a figure 8 follow through? The figure 8 follow through consists of two basic figure 8 knots with the working end of the rope threaded through the harness. This is used to prevent ropes from running through the harness openings. It gets its name from the figure 8 shape the finished knot makes. There are different variations of the figure 8 knot. Each variation begins with the basic figure 8 knot. The figure 8 follow through is one variation. Here are instructions for the basic figure 8 knot and the figure 8 follow through.
To tie the basic figure 8 knot, you must:
- Take one end of the rope. Measure off an arm's length to have enough rope to work with.
- Make a loop by twisting a bight. The working end of rope should be over the standing end.
- Bring the working end around to the back of the standing end. Cross around the back and to the right side of the standing end.
- Take the working end over the loop made in step two. Pull through the loop to tighten.
To tie the figure 8 follow through, you must:
- Tie a basic figure 8 knot on one end of a rope. Feed the working end through the harness. For the best results, it is important to refer to the harness manual for the manufacturer’s recommendations for how a rope should tie into the harness.
- Take the working end and rethread the first figure 8 knot in step one, following the lines exactly. The ropes should be lying flat, each side-by-side.
- Pull the knot tight to secure. Check to see that there are three visible double strands of rope on top; the top of the 8, the bottom of the 8, and the upward return to finish the 8.
- Make sure there is enough of a working end or tail left so the knot won't slip. For added security, finish off by tying a stopper knot in the remaining working end of the rope.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien ...