It's winter and your neck is cold, but you're not sure how to tie a muffler scarf. If you just wrap it around your neck a couple of times, inevitably the frigid winter wind will catch an end of it and send it flying over your shoulder in an attempt to unwrap it, and perhaps put out the eye of someone walking behind you. But if you tie a sturdy knot, you can't adjust it when you run in the store, and if you're wearing gloves, tying and untying a knot can be a chore. Look to the consummate fashion mavens, the French, for an attractive and very practical way to tie a muffler scarf.
To tie a muffler scarf, you will need:
- A muffler scarf
- Fold the scarf in half across its width.
- Hold the two ends in one hand and the folded "loop" end in the other. Drape the scarf around the back of your neck.
- Pull the two ends through the loop and tighten as desired.
It's a pretty basic procedure, and if you've been avoiding tying muffler scarves because you weren't sure how, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much of a difference they can make in your body temperature. Women sometimes use more creative ways to tie a muffler scarf, but for men, simple and functional is the way to go.
- This won't work well on very short muffler scarves, but you don't need a 1970s Dr. Who-length scarf, either.
- To loosen the muffler scarf, but not take it off, when you enter a building, just pull the two ends back out through the loop a little, without pulling them completely free.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …