How To Tie A Neck Scarf
Learning how to tie a neck scarf can really liven up your wardrobe. For too long, have men been relegated to wearing hooded sweatshirts and bulky coats during the cold winter months. When you learn how to tie a scarf you are not only discovering a new way to keep the cold winter wind off your back, but you are also adding a new fashion accessory, one that will liven up your style, creating a cool and hip look. Of course, as with any fashion accessory there are a few rules. This is why a little bit of advice on how to tie a scarf can come in handy.
- Use a simple knot. The biggest mistake you can make when you try to tie a neck scarf is to over think it. Too many men try to come up with unique ways to tie their scarves. This just makes them look awkward. By using the following steps in regards to tying a scarf, you will create a clean, cool look. One that is universal, being able to be worn with just about any type of coat, or without one at all.
- Make sure the scarf is the appropriate length. A major problem you may encounter when learning to tie a neck scarf is the scarf’s length. If your scarf is not at least five feet long, you will not be able to tie the knot appropriately.
- Fold the length of the scarf in half. The neck scarf will now be half its original length, with one end featuring two free ends and the other end featuring a loop.
- Drape the scarf over your shoulders. Place the scarf over your shoulders and let both ends hang down in front of you. To properly tie the neck scarf, both ends should be about equal length.
- Pull the free end of the scarf through the looped end. Then pull tight. This will create a knot near the top of your neck. Adjust the knot in the mirror for aesthetic purposes.
- Coordinate your scarf with your outfit. When you tie a neck scarf this way, you have a very versatile accessory. The scarf can be worn over your coat, under your coat, or without a coat. All you need to worry about is matching it to your outfit.