How To Tie A Neckerchief
Learning how to tie a neckerchief is quick and easy, and makes a bold fashion statement. Whether riding horses in a farm, dressing up in uniform, or simply heading off to a party, a neckerchief is an appropriate way to accessorize.
To tie a neckerchief, you will need
- A large square handkerchief
- Iron (optional)
- To start, spread the handkerchief out on a flat surface in front of you. Iron it to remove any creases, and then fold it in half diagonally, forming a triangle.
- Now, start rolling the handkerchief. Start rolling it (not too tightly) at the sharp point of the triangle, and keep rolling till the end. Tie the roll in the middle using some thread.
- Then drape the rolled up handkerchief around your neck, and cross both ends. You will need to use a large handkerchief, otherwise it will be nearly impossible to knot it correctly.
- To continue, push one end of the handkerchief behind the other and then bring it over the other. This will result in a loose knot.
- Before proceeding, ensure that both ends of the handkerchief are roughly even. Then cross the ends again, forming an "X". Leave a small space open, holding it with your fingers if necessary, and then force one end of the handkerchief through that opening.
- Now simply tighten the knot, taking care to ensure that you don't untie the knot. Adjust the handkerchief until you feel comfortable. It shouldn't be tight enough to appear to be constricting your neck, and shouldn't be loose enough to simply dangle from your neck. If done successfully, you will have a square knot.