How To Tie A Scarf Around The Neck
Celebs and fashion models are bringing back the ascot in a big way, but just how do you learn how to tie a scarf around the neck in a fashionable way? While it may look difficult, it is not. If you can tie a regular old tie, you have more than enough manual dexterity to learn how to tie an a neck scarf. After you have gotten yourself a really cool silk scarf (vintage preferred), follow these instructions.
- Draping your silk scarf around your neck is the first step to learning how to tie a scarf. This step is the same as if you were tying a modern necktie. .
- Make sure that the left side of the scarf hang down a few inches lower than the right side. Two or three inches should be just about right. Remember that he difference in the length between the two side is not as great as a regular tie.
- Continue learning how to tie a scar around the neck by taking the left end of the scarf and wrapping it around the right end. Repeat. Then wrap the left end again around the right end. Do it one more for a total of three times around the neck,
- Slip the end of the scarf that you are holding into one the loop that you created. Be sure that the loose end is visible and the loops are facing you.
- Complete learning how to tie a scarf around your neck by making sure that the top part of the silk scarf covers the underside. Play with your new silk scarf until you are comfortable. When you perfect it you will be ready to impress.