Learning how to tie a scarf around your neck can help you to make a fashion statement both during the cold winter months and during the warmer weather. There are several different ways to tie a scarf, but sometimes the most basic way is the best way. Tying a scarf using a basic Parisan knot will also make it easier to remove when you want to take it off, instead of having it wrapped around your neck three or four times.
Things you'll need:
- a scarf
- a neck
- Fold it in half. For a basic look when you tie a scarf around your neck you need to start by folding the scarf in half. This should be done lengthwise so you still have a good amount of length to work with.
- Drape it around your neck. Drape the scarf so that it hangs on your chest with the ends hanging longer than the fold.
- Grab the ends. Take the ends of the scarf and pull them through the folded end of the scarf.
- Pull to tighten. After you pull the ends of the scarf through the fold pull to tighten it around your neck.
- Tuck the ends in. If you are wearing a winter scarf and have a jacket on you can then tuck the ends into your jacket before you zip it up. If you are making a fashion statement and are wearing the scarf around your neck without a jacket, you can then just let the ends hang down in the front on top of your shirt or sweater.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...