Scarves are a big trend right now, but a lot of people don't really know how to tie a scarf. They’re so big that even guys on catching on with the trend. No matter which kind of scarf you choose, it’ll complete your look. You can learn how to tie a scarf effectively and easy in a few ways. All you need is a scarf and a mirror.
- Learn how to tie a scarf by folding the scarf into a triangle. Grasp the broad part and middle part of the scarf and fold it repeatedly until you have a 2-inch band. Drape the scarf around your neck and tie a knot. Wear the scarf either with an open neck shirt or a turtleneck sweater.
- Create an ascot instead. Spread the scarf upside down on a flat surface before you learn how to tie a scarf. Pull the fabric from the center of the scarf, tie a small knot in the middle, and flip the ends so the knot is underneath the scarf. Tie the ends around your neck with the scarf peeking from your throat.
- Learn how to tie your scarf in an easy way. Turn the scarf into a triangle by wrapping it around the back of your neck so the ends point downwards. Tie the ends into a knot and style it to your liking.
- Practice any of these steps a few times over. Learning how to tie a scarf can be challenging, especially if you’re not comfortable with it.
- Don’t be afraid to use a print scarf. Find a plaid or skull print scarf to compliment your outfit, depending on what type of style you’re going for.
- Be sure to hand wash or dry clean your scarves frequently. The oils in your skin and clothes can dull the colors in your scarves over time. Plus, you don’t want to get those oils back onto your skin.
- If you decide to iron your scarf, make sure to set it on low. You don’t want to ruin or burn your scarf.
- Keep your scarf away from pins or belts, or any other accessories than can cause it to tear. Do this after you learn how to tie your scarf!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...