How to tie shoelaces with two sets of laces can present an interesting task. One source says that mathematics determine that more than two trillion ways exist for feeding a shoelace through the average shoe's six pairs of eyelets! Using two sets of laces brings that number down, but there are myriad ways of using them to create almost an artistic display of different designs.
- You can experiment with criss-cross lacing or over-under lacing or so many other ways such as skipping certain eyelets or using every other one with each color of the two laces.
- Criss-cross lacing is the common method and is supposed to be the most comfortable.
- Over-under lacing means the ends are crossed over the eyelet, emerge, then are crossed over the top, and then repeated. With over-under, the wear and tear of the shoe and laces is reduced because the laces don't rub against the shoe's edges.
- When using two laces of different colors, make sure one lace is shorter than the other.
- You feed one lace from the holes at the bottom, criss cross from side to side through every other eyelet until the last two holes at the top. Using the other color lace, use the same technique and feed through every other set of eyelets that are empty. Pull both sets of laces and secure with a normal knot or bow.
- Another way to use two laces is to run the laces across the bottom, letting them come out both the holes. Feed one lace straight up the left side and the other straight up the right side. Skip an eyelet after using two.. With the lace that is left, you can do criss crossing through the empty eyelets.
- Proper lacing of your shoes can increase comfort and relieve foot pain.
- If you have pain in specific areas of your foot, skip eyelets in that vicinity. Using two laces allows you more flexibility.
- For narrow feet use shoes with wide-set eyelets and bring the shoe sides snug across the top of the foot.
- For wide feet, the eyelets should be set closer together and closer to the tongue and be more loosely laced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.