How To Tie Shoelaces Cool
Learning how to tie shoelaces cool is a great way to show off your creative side. Stop using that simple over hand bowknot. There are hundreds of different ways you can lace up your sneakers. All it takes is a little bit of creativity, and perhaps a few tips, and you can learn how to tie your shoe laces cool in no time.
What you will need:
- tennis shoes or sneakers
- shoe laces
- Remove your laces all together. Okay, so this is actually the opposite of tying shoelaces, but it a sure fired way to get your kicks noticed. Going without shoelaces can be freeing and less restrictive.
- Use two different colored laces. Who says that you have to rely on just one set of strings to get your shoes nice and tight? Consider using two different colored laces. This is a great way to add some color and flair to your look.
- Try the one handed style. This method will actually eliminate your need to even tie you shoe. It all starts with the lacing. Tie a knot at the very bottom of one end of the shoelace. Starting on the inside of your shoe, run the lace through the bottom two eyelets. Then, using a crisscross pattern, continue running the lace through all the remaining eyelets. When you reach the last eyelet, run what is left of the lace back down the center of the shoe. Tie a knot, and voila.
- Go around the ankle. This style will most definitely turn some heads. Lace your sneakers with extra long laces. Next, instead of tying the bow at the top of the shoe, run the extra lengths of shoelace around your ankle. Then tie and knot like normal.
- Tie yourself a hidden knot. The hidden knot look is a very cool way to tie your shoelaces. The trick here is to purchase shoelaces that are a tad bit on the small side. Next, lace your shoes like normal, crisscrossing at every other eyelet. When you reach the top to of your shoe, you should only have a little bit of shoelace remaining. On the bottom of the eyelet, tie each side of the shoelace in a single knot, to prevent it from being pulled back out of the hole. You now have cool shoelaces that do not even look like they were tied.