How To Tie A Silk Scarf
Many high class celebs and fashion models are bringing back the ascot, but just how do you learn to tie a silk scarf? It is not as hard as you think. If you can tie a regular tie, you have more than enough manual dexterity to learn how to tie a fashionable silk one. Just buy a really cool silk scarf (vintage preferred) and follow these instructions.
- Drape your silk ascot around your neck. This should be done in the same way as you would start to tie a regular necktie.
- Continue by making the left side of the scarf hang down a few inches lower than the right side. A few inches means a two or three inches at most. The difference in the length of either side is not as great as a regular tie.
- Take the left end of the scarf and wrap it around the right end. Repeat the process by wrapping the left end around the right end. Do this once more for a total of three times around.
- Insert the end you are holding into the loop you created. Make sure the loose end is visible at the part and the loop is facing you.
- Make sure the top flap of the scarf hides the underside. Adjust your new silk scarf so it is comfortable and you are ready for a night on the town. Remember that these a silk scarf is more casual than a business tie, so don't wait for a high class function to wear yours.