How To Tie Skate Shoes
Learning how to tie your skate shoes will eliminate you from having to keep tightening your laces over and over again. After you learn how to tie you skate shoes properly, slipping them on and off will seem like a breeze. Finding the right comfort for your skate shoes is imperative and lacing them up and tying them right will also help give you the right support that you need for your feet and ankles. Once you learn how tie your skate shoes, this will prevent your skates loops and lacing from getting sloppy and getting all over the place.
To tie skate shoes, you need:
- Skate shoes
- Loosen the laces of your skate shoe. Make sure to loosen the laces all the way down the tongue of the shoe to allow your foot to slip into the shoe easily. Once you have loosened the laces of the skate shoe, slide your foot into the skate shoe.
- Pull the laces snugly. Clinch the laces across the tongue of your shoe. Start at the bottom with the laces nearest your toes and work your way up towards the top of the shoe. Make sure when you clinch the laces that you pull them tight on your foot, but not too tight that your foot is uncomfortable.
- Tie an overhand knot. To tie an overhand knot, put the left lace over the right side of the lace and then bring it completely under the laces. When you're finished, the left lace should be hanging on the right side of the skate shoe and the right lace should be hanging on the left side of the skate shoe.
- Create a loop out of both laces. Form a loop on the right side of the lace by bending the lace end on the right side. Wrap the lace around the loop by grabbing the lace that is hanging off the left side of the shoe. You would have now created a loop out of both laces of the skate. Create a second loop end by taking the lace that is wrapped around the looped lace and push the middle of the extra lace through the loop.
- Tighten the loops. Tightly pull both the right and left loop ends of your skate lace to tighten the knot. You have successfully learned how to tie skate shoes.