How To Tie A Skinny Tie Knot
When you get tired of staring at all the skinny ties in your closet and are ready to hit the town in style, then it's time for you to learn how to tie a skinny tie knot. While there are almost a hundred ways to tie a tie, only a few are going to look good when used on a skinny tie. The skinny tie is, as its name would imply, skinnier than a normal tie and doesn't look right with some of the larger tie knots. The Four in Hand knot, sometimes called a simple knot, is thin and slightly asymmetrical, making it perfect for a skinny tie.
- Flip your shirt collar up. Place the skinny tie around your neck, with the back side of the tie resting against the fabric of your shirt.
- Adjust the skinny tie so that the wide end is at least a foot longer than the skinny end.
- Pull the wide side of the skinny tie over the skinny side.
- Wrap the wide side underneath the skinny side. Then pull it over the skinny side again.
- Bring the wide side up and under the loop around your neck.
- Use your finger to widen the horizontal strap running across the knot.
- Thread the wide side down through the opening that you just made.
- Pull on the skinny side until the knot is against your neck, or as close to your neck as you want it.
- Flip down the back of your shirt collar. You can also now adjust the tie left to right, as necessary.