How To Tie A Skinny Tie
Learning how to tie a skinny tie is essential if you want to show yourself as a fashion forward trendsetter. Skinny ties are back in vogue and look equally great whether donned with a suit or a pair of jeans. It is fairly simple learning how to tie a skinny tie.
Things you'll need:
- A skinny tie
- The knot that looks best with a skinny tie is a four-in-hand knot. Start by pulling the collar of your shirt upward so it doesn't interfere with your knot. Drape the skinny tie around your neck, leaving one end hanging at level with the bottom of your shirt pocket (or halfway down your body if your shirt doesn't have a pocket).
- Cross the longer end over the shorter end. Slip the longer end under the shorter end so that the underside of the longer end of the tie is facing upward.
- Flip the longer end back over the short end and bring this end through the "V" shaped loop that you made in step two. The knot should begin to form now.
- Now slide the longer side of the tie through the upper loop of the knot. Pull downward. While using a finger to hold the hold the loop, tighten the knot. This will make the neatest possible knot.
- Adjust the tie, ensuring that it sits snugly against the top button of the collar. To adjust the length, hold the knot with one hand while pulling the shorter end of the tie with the other. Fold the collar down and your skinny tie is ready.