How To Tie A Tie Easy
Have you ever known the type of guy who makes knowing how to tie a tie easy look real simple. Are you the guy who finds it anything but simple? If you're more of a t-shirt and jeans type of man, chances are you don't often place yourself in a situation that requires wearing or knowing how to tie a tie. Even still, there will be unavoidable occasions when the a tie is a necessary evil. Fortunately for you, there is an easy way to learn how to tie a tie, and you won't have to call your girlfriend, wife or mother for help.
- The first step in learning how to tie a tie is the easiest. Place the tie around your neck. Make sure that the tags are facing towards your body and the thick end of the tie extends slightly further down than the narrow end.
- Cross the wide end over the narrow end of the tie. Take the widest end of the tie and cross it over the front of the narrow end. Once you have crossed the narrow end, continue to take the widest part back around, beneath the narrow.
- Pass the front again. Take the wide end of the tie and again cross the front of the narrow end. This time when you take it behind the narrow section, you'll pull it through the noose at the neck.
- Pass the wide end through the knot. Now that you have created a knot, you'll want to pull the thick end of the tie through the knot's front loop. As you look in the mirror you will see that this has created a loose fitting tie.
- Secure the tie. The final step in learning to tie a tie is to cinch the tie by holding the narrow end and sliding the knot to a comfortable but snug fit. Straighten the tie so that it is centered at your collar.