How To Tie Your Karate Belt
Want to know how to tie your karate belt? There are two different ways to tie a a karate belt, but this article will explain the simplest one. Tying a karate belt is pretty simple to do and easy to get the hang of.
- Pick up the belt and place it in front of your body, in front of the middle of your stomach. Make sure that the short side of the belt is on your right side. This end will be useful for tying the belt in the later step.
- Holding one end in place, wrap the karate belt around your waist. Make sure you are wrapping the long end of the belt around your body. Then put the long end of the belt over the shorter end. Do this while holding the short end in place by your torso. Now wrap the long end around your body once again.
- Bring the long end of the belt towards your center and place it over the short end. Be sure not to do it the other way around. Then push the long end under both of the layers of the belt.
- Position the long end over the short end. Move the short end over the long end again. Once you've done this, pull the long end through the loop you made in the previous step, which ties your now created knot.
- Tighten the knot firmly. This will prevent your belt from coming loose while doing karate. You are now finished and know how to tie your karate belt.
Posted on: Jan. 16, 2011