How To Tone Your Buttocks
If you want to get a sexy beach body, you will want to learn how to tone your buttocks. The buttocks are an area of the body that takes a lot of work to tone and tighten. While cardiovascular exercise will help to burn fat, and also keep your heart healthy, it isn't enough to tone your buttocks. Get a firmer backside by utilizing weights, including your own body weight.
To tone your buttocks, you will need:
- Two dumbbells, at a comfortable weight, from five to 40 lbs.
- Swimming trunks
- Perform dumbbell lunges. The great thing about this exercise is that it can be done at the gym or at your home. Hold one dumbbell in each hand and hold them at your sides. Step one foot forward and lower your body downward.
- Lower your body downwards until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Return your leg backwards to the original position. Alternate the legs and do 12 repetitions on each leg.
- Go swimming. Swimming is a cardiovascular exercise but also provides the additional benefits of toning your buttocks, and other muscles. The water provides intense resistance for your muscles. It particularly targets your buttocks due to all of the kicking that you do. If you are a poor swimmer, take a water aerobics or fitness class.
- Perform squats using weights. Hold one dumbbell in each hand. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower your body down just as if you were going to sit in a chair. Make sure that your knees don't extend past your toes. Do this for three sets of 12 repetitions.
Tips: If you don't know how to swim, consider signing up for adult swimming lessons. Always stretch before and after exercising.