Need to know how to train for bicycle races? If you want to train for bicycle races, you need to have a strategy. If you enter a bicycle race and have not prepared yourself both physically and mentally, then your odds of finishing the race, much less winning the race, are almost zero. Here are some ways to help you train for a bicycle race and increase the odds of you actually placing in the top three.
- Focus on diet and nutrition. Eating healthier is very important when training for a bicycle race. You also need to eat foods that are rich with energy. If you are going to be cycling 30 to 50 miles per day, five days a week, then you need to eat meat. Cycling a lot is a great way to have a reason to eat steak every day.
- Work on stretching. When you train for bicycle races it is important that you take the time to properly stretch out your muscles. If you ride with "cold" muscles you have a lot better chance of tearing a ligament or damaging some tendons. If you tear or damage a ligament then you can kiss your next bicycle race goodbye.
- Develop a strategy and plan ahead. You need to look at the type of bicycle race you will be entering and then decide what strategy to take with your training. If you are going to be riding in the Tour de France, then you will obviously be training differently than if you were joining a 24-hour mountain bike race. Are you racing road bikes, track bikes, mountain bikes or downhill mountain bikes? The type of training you need to do varies depending on what type of bicycle race you are entering.
- Work on bicycle mechanics. You need to train with the equipment you will actually be using during the race. Do not buy a new helmet the day before the big race. You need to be wearing that helmet each day so you can make sure it fits properly. You do not want to be in a race and have your new helmet not stay on your head or feel uncomfortable. The same goes for your bicycle. If you will be riding a Trek Madone in a race, do not train with your old Schwinn. You need to train with the bike you will be using. You need to be able to fine tune the bike during your training and not during the actual race.
- Get a training coach. The most important thing you can do when you train for bicycle races is get an experienced cycling coach. She will be able to give you a training plan, a meal plan and, most importantly, she can help keep you motivated and on the right track. There are many excellent cycling coaches, and their years of experience will help you to train for bicycle races and get you in the winners' circle.
A bicycle is the most efficient locomotion on earth. Think about that, man. That’s crazy. Think abo ...
It hasn’t been a dream off-season, what with the Saints forced to franchise him, and now his head coach Sean Payton susp ...
Bicycles are a lot like dogs—they need to match their owners’ personality type. Figure out which sweet-ass two-wheeler i ...