When you know how to train for kayak races, you will improve your chances of winning. To compete at a high level, you will have to push yourself to the point of exhaustion during your training sessions. You must improve your paddling technique, and learn how to pace yourself for kayak races. Not only will you have to spend a great deal of time training in the water, you will need a workout program for the gym. Strength training and cardio workouts will help you push through to the next level of competition.
- Consult with the best kayak racers you know for training tips. Workout with them if possible, or observe how they train. Pay attention to their paddling technique and try to emulate the more successful racers.
- Hit the gym and work on your fitness. To train for kayak races you have to develop the necessary strength and endurance required to push past the pain during the last stages of a race. Kayaking is a demanding sport, so the more time you devote to training the better your race results will be.
- Practice your paddling technique and race management strategy. In order to win kayak races, you cannot just paddle all out the entire time. You must pace yourself and focus on maintaining the proper technique, even as your opponents push ahead or begin to run you down from behind. You will get an adrenalin rush once the race heats up, and you must learn to control your tempo.
- Make adjustments to your training as needed. If you feel your endurance is lacking, do more cardio work in the gym as you train for kayak races. For example, increase your time on the treadmill or run a few extra laps to break through a sticking point. Add more repetitions during your weight training, to get your arms accustomed to handling the pain that comes at the end of a race.
- Work with a trainer if you are not progressing. Have him customize a workout based on the length of the kayak races you compete in. Focus on improving your fitness, and you will begin to see the results of your hard work on race day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.