Learning how to transfer music to a BlackBerry Curve 8900 from your laptop will enable you to enjoy your music on the go. The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is capable of playing many major formats of music from the built-in music player. In combination with the BlackBerry Curve's support for both wired and wireless headphones, this makes the 8900 an ideal music player. Transferring music from your laptop will enable you to quickly load music on the BlackBerry Curve 8900 regardless of where you are.
To transfer music to a BlackBerry Curve 8900 from your laptop, you will need:
- A laptop with a USB port
- A USB cable for your BlackBerry
- Boot the BlackBerry Curve 8900 to the home screen. Navigate to the "Options" screen. It is important to configure the storage options before connecting your BlackBerry Curve to your laptop.
- Enable mass storage mode. Highlight and select "Memory." Highlight "Mass storage mode" and select "On."
- Set mass storage mode to auto. Highlight "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" and select "Yes."
- Connect the BlackBerry Curve to your laptop. Using the USB cable, connect the BlackBerry Curve to your laptop. USB ports are typically located on the back or the sides of your laptop.
- Transfer music to the BlackBerry Curve from your laptop. Once connected, navigate to "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry Curve. Simply drag and drop any music files to the BlackBerry Curve. The more files being transferred from your laptop, the longer the process will take.
- Listen to your music. The music is now successfully transferred to your BlackBerry Curve 8900 from your laptop. Open the music player on the BlackBerry Curve to listen to the newly transferred music.
If the BlackBerry Curve is not detected when connected to your laptop, try a different USB port. Use a direct USB port on your laptop and avoid connecting to USB hubs. The "My Computer" option can only be found on your laptop if it is running Windows. On other operating systems the method will vary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.