How To Transfer Music To An Ipod
Want to know how to transfer music to an iPod? The best place to get music for your iPod is from iTunes. Got a new iPod? Want to know the easiest way to get your favorite tunes loaded up on it so that you can jam while you jog? Don’t worry, thanks to free downloadable software from Apple, you’ll be able to transfer music to an iPod in no time at all.
To Transfer Music to an iPod, you’ll need:
- iPod connection cable
- A computer with an internet connection
- Go to Apple’s site and download the correct version of iTunes for your computer. This software will enable you to transfer music to your iPod. The program works on both Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Install iTunes on your computer.
- When the installation is completed, you can start transferring music from your CDs into iTunes. Just pop your favorite CD into the CD drive of your computer and import the songs into iTunes.
- Once you have completed loading up iTunes with the songs that you want, plug your iPod into your computer. Your computer will recognize your iPod in iTunes. You’ll be required to do a first-time setup of the iPod. This includes naming the device and selecting sync settings in order to start transferring music to your iPod.
- You’ll need to choose how you want to transfer music to your iPod via the sync settings. Your options are to automatically update all songs and playlists, automatically update all selected playlists or manually manage your songs and playlists. You can find these options in the Summary tab of the iPod settings in iTunes. Automatically updating all of your songs and playlists is the default mode. If you choose this option all of your music will be synced to your iPod. If your library exceeds the memory capacity of your iPod, iTunes will make a selection of songs for you and sync them to your iPod. If you choose to automatically update only selected playlists, then only the playlists that you select will be synced. The manually manage setting will not automatically sync anything, and you will have to manually transfer the music to your iPod by dragging and dropping the songs you want to sync onto your iPod.
After you choose the sync method you want to use to transfer music to your iPod, iTunes takes care of the rest. After the initial setup, transferring music to your iPod is a snap. Whenever you get a new CD, just import it into iTunes, plug in your iPod, and if you’ve chosen a sync setting other than manual sync, iTunes will transfer your new music to your iPod for you every time.