How To Transfer A Wii File To An SD Card
Learning how to transfer a Wii file to an SD card may seem to be a very complicated task. However, it is a necessary task to learn should you ever want to use a saved Wii file on another Wii console system. Learning how to transfer a Wii file to an SD card can be less time consuming than you might think. In just a few steps you can have any saved file you would like transferred to a portable SD card for easy game play on any Wii console system.
To transfer a Wii file to an SD card, you will need:
- A compatible SD card
- A Wii
- A Wii remote
- A game disc
- Turn on the Wii console and access the saved game. Keep in mind that SD cards generally hold only one save file. Make sure before you move on to the next step that you have the correct file that you would to send to your SD card.
- Ensure that your SD card is ready. Make sure the SD card you want to use has a large enough capacity for the file. The SD card should be plugged into the SD slot located on the front of your Wii console.
- Access the "Save Data" screen for your game. The save data screen can be found by accessing the "Options" menu. Once your options menu is visible, choose the "Data Management" feature and then the "Save Data" and "Wii Options." Ensure that you are in fact in the "Wii Options" tab before moving forward.
- Find the file you want to copy to the SD card. All of your saved games can be accessed within the save data screen of the Wii console. Be sure you are choosing the correct game and file and click on "Copy."
- Allow the copying procedure to complete. Do not under any circumstances try to turn off the console or remove the card during the copy processes. This will cause damage to the file and possibly to the SD card as well. Just let the process finish on its own.
- Remove the SD card. When the copying has completed it is safe to remove the SD card from the Wii console. At this point the transfer of your saved Wii file to the SD card is complete.
Once you have completed the final step of transferring your saved Wii file to an SD card, you can utilize the card on other Wii consoles. These steps can be repeated for any file being transferred from the Wii console to an SD card.