How To Travel To Europe Cheap
Figuring out how to travel to Europe cheap could literally open the world for you. Many people dream of jetting off for a European adventure, but the high costs of travel might hold them back. Knowing the insider secrets to travel Europe cheap can erase that obstacle and provide a quality experience that you will remember for years to come.
- Score some cheap, or free, airline miles. Frequent flyer miles can be earned in several ways. One way is to sign up for a rewards credit card. Treat this credit card as you would your debit card. Make as many of your usual purchases with it as possible, and pay the entire balance off every month. You'll be able to travel to Europe cheap before you know it.
- Research your cheapest lodging options. Hostels can provide extremely cheap lodging for Europe travelers, if they don't need a lot of space or privacy. There is also a community of couch surfers, where travelers can find local hosts who will provide sleeping quarters to foreigners. If you really want a traditional hotel room, consider staying in smaller cities instead of Paris, London or Rome. Scheduling your trip during the off season could also provide cheaper costs.
- Skip renting a car. Most European cities have excellent public transportation. Utilizing it will not only save you a few bucks, it will also give you greater exposure to the local culture.
- Pack a picnic. You don't need to eat at a restaurant every day. Stop by a local market to grab some bread, cheese and lunch meats. Europe features several well known parks to accommodate a truly European, and cheap, picnic meal.
- Purchase an all access city pass. Some Europe tourist offices will offer a bundle of attraction tickets for a discounted price. With these passes, you can tour an entire city for cheap. If any of your desired attractions aren't part of the bundle, stop by them on a weekday when prices are usually a bit lower.