How To Travel Europe With No Money
If you've been lusting for a European vacation but think you can't afford one, learn how to travel Europe with no money. You may scratch your head as you think about how you're going to get over there. The economy stinks. You have no vacation time. Or worse, you are unemployed and living off someone else. Yes, all these things spring to mind as obstacles forever standing in the way of getting to Europe. However, with a bit of smart thinking and a few fresh ideas, you can travel Europe with very little money.
- Cash in your frequent flyer miles or use those of people you know. Frequent flyer miles are handy when you want to go on vacation. Even if you don't have any of your own, you may have a business traveling relative. Ask around. Think of everyone you know and find out if they travel frequently.
- Work on a cruise ship. Find out which ships are hiring. It is possible to work for your passage to Europe. Cruise ships pay little in the form of wages. However, you can eat for free as you travel the high seas.
- Find youth hostels. You can ask to help out by working for a few nights in a hostel. They might need some extra hands if a regular employee called in sick. Exchange work for a bed to sleep in. You might get lucky and they'll throw in a meal or two.
- Hitch hike with a friend. Hitch hiking is a popular practice in Europe. Make sure you travel with a friend or someone you know for safety reasons. Folks are more inclined to pick up strangers in Europe than in some other areas. Stick to getting rides with families as this is safer.
- Check out sites that are free of charge. Spend time walking through a historic, public park. Visit a free museum. Walk through well-known avenues to get a feel for the city your in. Often, the best places to see in Europe are free or very cheap.