How To Travel With Teens
You’re about to go on vacation, but you’re unsure how to travel with teens. A teenager would rather hang out with his/her friends, go to the mall or stay at home blogging or keeping up on social networking sites. The thought of a family trip may be more of drudgery than fun, but you can make it fun and we’ll show you how.
- Let there be a vote as to where to go. Instead of a teen feeling dragged off to a city he/she rather not visit, why not put it up to a family vote where you go on your vacation destination? The best way to travel with a teen is to get him/her involved with the traveling plans from the get-go.
- Active travel vacation spots. As a family, pick a place where every member of the family will have something to do while they are there. Activities could be surfing, horseback riding, water skiing or snowboarding. This is a great way to travel with teenagers and children of all ages.
- Amusement park vacations spots. Everyone loves Disneyland. It’s a safe environment to split up with your teenager and meet up later for lunch. Knowing how to travel with teens is to allow them to do their thing alone as well.
- Learning vacation spots. Take a trip where your teenagers want to learn a skill such as cooking or photography. Not only will they enjoy being with the family, but they can learn something new outside of school in the process.
- Take a cruise. Cruise ships now cater for families in that they have activities geared just for teenagers. Knowing how to travel with teens also means letting them eat whatever they want. Cruise ships have unlimited access to buffets around the clock.
- Go to a famous city. There's nothing like taking your family to Rome, London or Paris. One of the best ways to travel with teens is to get them to see the world when they are still young. That experience of being in different cultures will stay with them for the rest of their lives.