How To Treat Anemia
Knowing how to treat anemia will create a dramatic change in how you feel. As anemia general makes people feel lethargic, it can interfere with day to day activities. Anemia can be best treated with the help of a doctor, it can also be helped through some lifestyle changes.
Things you'll need:
- Iron supplements
- Vitamin B12 supplements
- Red meats
- Dark green vegetables (such as spinach)
- Supplements treat most causes of anemia, as most of them center on a vitamin or iron deficiency. Iron can be supplemented in the body through eating more red meats or dark green vegetables, such as spinach. You can also take iron supplements. Taking vitamin C supplements will be useful as it helps the body to absorb iron more easily.
- Pernicious anemia is treated with vitamin B12. This type of anemia is caused by the body not getting enough vitamin B12, which is commonly found in dairy products or red meats. Along with eating more of those kinds of food, you can also take vitamin B12 supplements.
- Folic acid helps the body create new cells. Anemia interferes with the body's ability to create new cells. This can make you feel weak, fatigued or sickly. Along with the vitamins and minerals listed above, folic acid can also help your body’s healing process. It aids in the creation and maintenance of new cells.
- Like any disease, you can always go to the doctor. Anemia can sometimes be treated at home with vitamins, but if you have a worse case of anemia, you should go to your doctor. The doctor can discover the cause of your anemia and prescribe you specific medications to treat it.