If you are seeking answers on how to treat a bee sting, relax. Bee stings are not a big deal unless of course you are suffering from anaphylaxis. In that case, you should call 911. If you are not swelling up, gasping, or writhing around on the floor while foaming at the mouth, you will be ok. Bee stings hurt for a few hours and then go away. If anything, you should feel bad for the bee because it dies after it stings you.
To treat a bee sting, you will need:
- Finger nail
- Credit card
- Scrape. The first thing you will want to do to treat a bee sting is to remove the stinger. You should see a black dot right in the middle of the burning pain. Sometimes there is a gooey sac attached to it. This is venom. Even without the sac, the stinger still has some venom and is pumping it into you so scrape the stinger out with your finger nail or credit card. You want to do this step as quickly as possible because the more bee venom you take on, the more pain you will feel.
- Clean. Wash the area around the bee sting with warm water and soap. Feel free to use an alcohol wipe or other first aid disinfectant wipe if that is what you have in your first aid kit.
- Ice. The best remedy to treat a bee sting is ice. Wrap some ice in a soft cloth and apply directly to the bee sting. This helps the swelling and numbs the pain.
- Chemical relief. Ice is the best solution for bee stings but if the area is itchy or you happen to like allergy pills, take an antihistamine like Benedryl. Beer works good as well.
- Like most bugs on the Earth planet, bees are actually terrified of you due to your enormous size and unpredictable nature. They only sting when surprised, frightened or are in hive defense mode. So if you see a bee, ignore it rather than trying to kill it.
- Slowly waving your arm in the air ushers bees away without frightening them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.