Want to learn how to treat blisters on feet? There's not much that hurts as much as blisters on your feet. Blisters are caused from rubbing of your skin, usually against a shoe. This can happen if you are wearing shoes without socks or socks that are too thin. You can also get blisters if you do a lot of walking in shoes that do not fit you correctly. Read on to find out how to treat blisters on your feet.
What you'll need in order to treat blisters on your feet:
- disinfectant soap or hand sanitizer
- a pin or sewing needle
- antibiotic ointment
- rubber gloves
- Wash hands. Use the disinfectant soap or hand sanitizer to carefully clean and disinfect your hands. This is extremely important as you want to avoid infection of the blister.
- Disinfect the blister. Carefully wash and disinfect the blister and area surrounding it.
- Put on rubber gloves. Slip your hands into the rubber gloves in order to further help to prevent infection of the blister.
- Sterilize the pin or needle. Apply a match to the end of the pin or needle until it glows red and then let it cool in order to sterilize the end of the pin or needle.
- Prick the blister at the base. You want to keep as much of the skin on the blister as possible as skin helps to prevent infection and protect the wound. Using the sterilized pin or needle, prick the blister towards the base of the blister.
- Push the fluid out. Using your gloved fingers, gently push the fluid out of the blister and gently dab the liquid off with a sterile cloth or tissue.
- Apply ointment. Cover the blister and surrounding area with antibiotic ointment to prevent an infection. Do not cover the blister as it needs the air to heal.
The blister will heal as a normal cut would after a few days. If it becomes red and you develop a fever, you may have an infection and should seek medical assistance. The key to treating a blister is to keep it from becoming infected so that it will heal properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.