Knowing how to treat a canker sore can come in pretty handy. Canker sores develop from many different sources. You might have had a virus or viral infection, a cold, the flu or even stress stress can set off a chain of canker sore out breaks. There are several ways you can treat canker sores at home without much money or medical advice. The best advice on how to treat a canker sore will be answered in this article.
Things you will need:
- Salt water with baking soda
- Liquid Benadryl with milk of magnesia.
- Try using a salt water solution combined with sodium bicarbonate. Mix up a teaspoon of salt water and mix a bit of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and then swish the mixture in your mouth or gargle for about a minute. This might help heal the canker sore while taking some of the pain away. Repeat as often as needed.
- Try using peroxide to treat a canker sore. While peroxide might make the canker sore sting a little when you first apply the solution to your canker sore, it has been proven to help reduce the size and heal a canker sore in no time. Dab a cotton swap in a solution of peroxide and apply it directly to the canker sore. Let it foam and sizzle. This means that the peroxide is cleaning and getting bacteria out of the canker sore. Apply twice daily until the sore goes away.
- Try a liquid mix of Benadryl and milk of magnesia. You can use liquid Benadryl combined with a bit a milk of magnesia. Gargle or rinse with the solution and be sure to spit it out carefully and avoid swallowing the solution. This combination of Benadryl along with milk of magnesia can help heal and reduce the pain associated with canker sores.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.