Learn how to treat carpal tunnel with alternative medicine, and keep this painful condition under control. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by repetitive wrist motion. People who use their hands for a living, such as construction workers, writers, and musicians, are prone to the condition. What happens is the median nerve becomes constricted and damaged because of inflammation. To treat carpal tunnel with alternative medicine involves a holistic approach of addressing the inflammation, the nerve damage, and the pain, as well as the body's inability to heal.
- Eat a healthy diet. The foundation of any program to treat carpal tunnel with alternative medicine is a healthy diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially bromelain-rich pineapple, and mineral-rich green leafy vegetables. To prevent swelling from fluid retention, eat celery, poultry, fish, beans, and whole grains. Reduce salt intake and avoid caffeine, soda, and alcohol as much as possible.
- Supplement with vitamin B6. This vitamin is useful to treat carpal tunnel with alternative medicine because it acts as a diuretic, promoting the release of fluids. It is also necessary for proper nerve functioning. Take in conjunction with the other B vitamins for best results.
- Use herbs. When taken over time, herbs are an effective, safe form of alternative medicine for carpal tunnel. Dandelion and corn silk will reduce swelling. Yarrow and boswellia reduce inflammation. Skullcap, passion flower, and oat straw will treat the nervous system. Ginkgo biloba will improve circulation and nerve function.
- Massage with essential oils. Make a therapeutic massage oil, using two ounces of a carrier oil, such as jojoba or almond oil, and eight drops of essential oil. Treat carpal tunnel by rubbing the massage oil on hand, wrist, and forearm once a day. Use a blend of peppermint, juniper, and cypress.
- Treat carpal tunnel with bodywork. Do this exercise at least once a day. Standing straight, with arms at your side, lift one arm to shoulder level. With palm facing up, spread fingers and stretch them back towards the ground. Make a fist and flex. Repeat with the other arm.
Knowing how to treat carpal tunnel with alternative medicine is understanding how to heal and bring lasting relief. Conventional treatment, such as pain medication, only masks the symptoms. Alternative remedies, from the simple, accessible therapies you can do yourself, to professional care from an acupuncturist or massage therapist, are effective and safe ways to deal with one of the most common conditions of the modern age.
Balch, Phyllis, CNC. "Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition." (The Penguin Group, 2006).
Page, Linda. "Healthy Healing: A Guide to Self-Healing for Everyone, 11th Edition" (Traditional Wisdom, 2003).
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.