Anyone who has experienced itching and redness from handling insulation will tell you that you need to learn how to treat a fiberglass skin rash. Fiberglass is made of real bits of microscopic glass that can become imbedded in the skin, which causes an itchy rash, or dermatitis. When installing fiberglass insulation you should always wear gloves, safety glasses, and masks.
To learn how to treat a fiberglass skin rash, you will need:
- Compressed air
- Topical steroid cream
- Nail polish remover
- Protective clothing
- At the onset of a fiberglass skin rash, try blowing compressed air directly onto the affected area. This should safely loosen the embedded fiberglass. Using compressed air would be the easiest way to treat a fiberglass skin rash.
- If the rash persists, you will now need topical ointment. You can purchase topical steroid creams from any drug store. They are inexpensive and work on any kind of skin rash. Be sure to follow the directions on the label.
- An antihistamine may also help if you are having a very bad reaction to the fiberglass. Any antihistamine containing diphenhydramine will do the trick. Taken in doses of 25 to 50 milligrams three to four times a day, this is a good method for treating a fiberglass skin rash, along with the itching and redness it causes.
- A good home remedy to try is nail polish remover, or acetone. Dampen a cloth with the acetone, and wipe over the affected area. The nail polish remover actually “melts” the small bits of glass. Before trying this step, make sure that you don’t have an allergy to the acetone. This could be the only thing you need to know about how to treat a fiberglass skin rash!
- Probably the most important step in how to treat a fiberglass skin rash is not to get one in the first place! Always wear clothing that covers your whole body, including your arms and legs. Even if you’re working in very hot temperatures, you will be glad you dressed in protective clothing.
When using compressed air around fiberglass, always wear protective eyeglasses and a facemask.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.