If you’re looking in the mirror and you notice you have a buildup of crust on your scalp, the question that’s probably burning in your mind is how to treat hair crust on the scalp. It’s probably best to have your medical provider look at it first to ensure its nothing serious, but if it’s simply cradle cap (yes adults can get this too) or a buildup of psoriasis follow these steps to rid yourself of scalp crust.
To get rid of scalp crust, you will need:
- Shower cap
- Jojoba oil
- Hair Dryer
- Apply a few drops of jojoba oil to the irritated scalp area. Make sure you do not over saturate your hair in oil. This will cause your hair to become extremely greasy and very time consuming to fix. The jojoba oil will only need to be placed on the scalp not the entire length of hair.
- Massage the jojoba oil into the scalp. Make sure to completely the massage the scalp if your hair is longer than normal you can bend over and massage your scalp while your hair is free flowing this will help prevent the oils from spreading through all your hair. If you have short hair like a buzz cut you do not have to worry about this.
- Use the shower cap and hair dryer. Place the shower cap over your head and use the hair dryer to heat the oil that you have applied to your scalp. Make sure you do not over heat the shower cap or this may result in burning your scalp. Apply heat for about five minutes.
- Get comfortable. Let the oils sit on your scalp for one to two hours. For very severe cases, let the oil sit over night with the shower cap on as to not ruin your pillow cases.
- Shampoo and rinse. Repeat this step if you find your hair is greasy from the oils.
An additional tip if the scalp crust is very severe and stubborn is to use a comb and lightly scrap the scalp with it prior to following steps one through five. Keep in mind you will want to do this lightly because you can risk scratching to hard causing irritation and bleeding to your scalp.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
7 Awesome, Whimsical Pool Party Toys
These fun, buoyant items are sure to make a splash. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.